Banana is something that is always available at our home, mom always keep it stocked because steamed bananas are one of her easy way out sides for breakfast :),and all of us love to munch on some bananas for evening snack.
I believe I have posted a lot of Banana recipes in here already to prove that 🙂 Bananas always ignite my creativity 😉
In Kerala we have a sweet snack we make with rice flour dough, coconut and sweetener, in our area we call it kozhukatta. And there is another famous sweet snack called unnakaya made with Banana and sweet filling but it is fried. This Dry fruit Banana is a marriage of both 🙂 😉 Its steamed bananas with dryfruit sweet filling.
Dryfruits Banana Momos
- 2 – 3 ripe plaintain
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of rice flour
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of grated coconut
- Steam cook the plantains and smash it into fine dough, add some rice flour to make it firm so that it hold the shape.
- Chop some dryfruits, I used cahsews,raisins and dates.
- Mix the dry frits and grated coconuts together with hands so that they will hold together .
- Make small balls from plantain mix and flaten it using your palms.
- Take some of the dryfruit mix and place it on the flatened plantain dough , and ball it up like you do for mommos. Be a little careful when you do this because the dough is so soft and it tends to break.
- Steam the mommos for a few minutes, everything is already cooked we just have to steam it to make it hold. Take them out and allow it to cool a bit, before you devour in.