This is my go-to dish when I have to man the kitchen because mom is not available.
Potato Stir Fry, red coconut chutney and an egg omelet will make my day and lucky for me my whole family loves this combo
- Cuisine: Indian
- Course: side dish
- Cooking Technique: Sauteing
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes mins
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes mins
2 twigs of Curry leaves(optional)
6 Dry red chili
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
to taste Salt
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small pieces.
- Slice the onions and keep it aside
- Heat oil in a tawa and the potatoes to it,saute well.
- Now add the onions and curry leaves, and saute till the onions soften a little and become transparent.
- Meanwhile dry roast the red chillis and crush them into flakes. You can either do this or use chili flakes itself, add it depending upon your spice level.
- To the saute veggies add salt, turmeric powder and the crushed chilies, and mix well.
- Close the lid and let it cook in sim till the potatoes get cooked, might be 7-8 minutes… Check and stir in between.