I might be around 5 or 6 years old when I first saw and tasted an ice cream with pink color… till that day only ice cream I know about are the white one’s ,our lovely lady vanilla..
I still remember that day when we were at my mother’s place and me and amma went for some shopping, rather she bribed me with ice creams into go with her. So that ice cream was her bribe to me, at that age only ice creams I was aware about are the one we get in small cups and the other comes in balls, at that age flavors had nothing to do with my choice of ice creams so I went with the ones in cups…
Imagine my surprise when I took of the paper lid and saw the pinky pink ice cream…I was awed and my chattery self couldn’t shut up whole day about the lovely pink color ice cream…
Later on, along the journey of life I met greeny Ms.Pista, dark Mr.Chocolate, yellowy Ms.Butterscotch and a lot other flavors and colors and I fell in love with lots of them and also fell out of love with a few of them… but the first time remained special as always..
So when I started thinking about baking a different cake instead of my usual chocolate cakes and vanilla cakes, the first one came to my mind is my lovely pink colored ice cream..
- Cuisine: american
- Course: dessert
- Preparation Time: 20 mins
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
120 grams All purpose flour
100 grams Sugar
120 grams Strawberry Crush
125 ml Oil
60 millilitres Milk
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1 pinch Salt
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- Separate the egg white and yolk. Beat the egg white till it become white and frothy.
- Beat the egg yolk and milk together, and add in powdered sugar and salt to it and mix till it is combined well.
- Mix the dry ingredients ie. The flour and baking powder and fold it into the egg white mixture.
- Fold in the dry ingredients to the egg-milk mixture.
- Add the strawberry crush and oil to the mixture, and mix till it blends in.
- Add in the vanilla essence t it.
- Now fold in the frothy egg white to the cake mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C for 10 mins (both top n bottom coils)
- Grease and dust a cake pan and pour the batter to it.
- Bake with bottom coil alone for 20-22 mins, the switch top coil and bake for 8-10 mins. Check by inserting a skewer or toothpick, if it comes out clean then the cake is done.
- Your fluffy and soft Strawberry Cake is ready