As I have mentioned once, I love banananana…
But my one of my couzin brother hate it… he hate it with a passion.. he hate all type if fruit.. And I made this one specially for him 😉
Evil me even offered to smack his head if didn’t eat the whole cup I served him 😛 😉
Well for my defence, he do went for a second helping 🙂 and that made my day… because this is a guy who doesn’t eat mangoes,oranges,apples,banana or any kind of fruits… and this is the first time in years he ate banana in any form… 🙂 🙂
- Peel and smash the bananas , use a mixer grinder to make a smooth paste.
- In a saucepan or kadai, heat some of the ghee and fry the nuts and raisins and keep it aside.
- Add the remaining ghee to the kadai and once it is heated up add the banana paste to it .Saute it till banana’s raw smell and raw taste disappears and the content reduces and thickens.
- Add sugar and saute till the sugar melts and mix in well.
- Pour the milk into it little by little and mix gently.
- Add the cooked sago to it and let the content bubble up a little. It would be better if you cook the sago separately and then add to the payasam cause sago will have a higher cooking time than any of the ingredient we are using here.
- Now add the fried dry fruits and cardomom powder, mix well and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot 🙂