This is my first experiment with china grass, and it turned out good 🙂
When I saw my roomie buying china grass for her mom I was curious and couldn’t help but grab one for myself. A hunt for the recipes gave a wide range of lists varying from very simple vanilla pudding to complex pudding that I can’t even understand. So I decided to stick with a simple recipe recipe but add a flavoring of my idea. My family loves cashews, cashews and raisins are two things that are always stocked at our home, so naturally the first flavor my mind went to is a cashew nut flavor…
So here is a simple creamy cashew nut pudding recipe…
Creamy Cashew Nut Pudding
- 60 gms Cashewnuts
- 500 ml Milk
- 5 1/2 tablespoons Sugar
- 5 gms China grass
- 75 ml Hot water
- 75 ml Room temperature water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- a pinch of Salt
- Soak the cashews in hot water for 2 to 3 hours.
- Grind the soaked cashews along with the water to form a smooth paste.
- Soak the china grass in room temperature water for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile,Boil milk in a saucepan.
- Once the milk starts to boil lower the flame and add the cashew paste and sugar to it.
- Increase the flame and keep stirring, let it cook for a 5 minutes till the mix thickens, then simmer the flame and keep it on the stove while you prepare the china grass. Occasionally stir it.
- Boil the soaked china grass along with the water in medium flame till it melts.
- Now strain the china grass mix in to the cashew mix, stir the mix until it combines well, let it cook for a minute and remove it from flame. Add a pinch of salt and mix it well.
- Let the pudding cool a bit and then add the vanilla essence and pour it into the pudding tray to set and refrigerate it for around 1 to 2 hours.