I love cakes but was too lazy to make them because of the wait,so I was surprised and happy when I came across my first microwave recipe, getting a cake fixed in less than 1 minute seem like an impossible idea at first and that too in a cup is an added bonus. My first microwave cakes were, of course, chocolate ones, my sister love chocolate cakes esp self saucing type.(Note:- my attempt for self saucing always ended up like molten lava ones with a lot of syrup inside.)
The cook in me got curious after microwaving the chocolate batter for a long time and wanted to what all type of cakes I can make in microwave, and that how I stumbled up on Gemma Stafford’s site. There she introduce a lot of varieties of Microwave mug cakes and cookies and cheese cakes and what not.
My Coffee Mug Cake is an adaption of Gemma’s Coffee Cake 1 Minute Microwave Mug Cake : http://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/microwave-mug-cakes-celebration/
- Cuisine: american
- Course: breakfast
- Cooking Time: 5 mins
1 tablespoon Flavorless oil
2 tablespoons Milk
4 tablespoons All purpose flour
1 teaspoon Instant Coffee powder
1 teaspoon Hot water
1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
3 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
a pinch Salt
- In a microwavable mug, Mix together the beaten egg ,milk,sugar and salt.
- Dissolve the coffee powder into the hot water, before adding it into the egg and milk mix.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together and add it to the coffee mix.
- Add oil to the mix and whisk it well to get rid of any lumps.
- Microwave for around 1 minute in high (the timing might vary depending upon the power of the microwave, 1 minute for a 1200 watt machine)
I had to substitute some of the ingredients Gemma used as they were not available in our locality, like Granulated coffee to instant coffee and brown sugar to white sugar etc.