Paneer is my mom’s all time favorite and my sister’s worst enemy…. I like to cook using paneer even though am not a big fan of paneer either…
When ever I decide to cook something with paneer my mom’s face lit up like a kid with a candy and my sis became the grumpy kid… So everytime I make paneer for dinner we have to make one other dish as well for the grumpy kid…
We did the same the first time we tried Kadai Paneer too ,you can’t imagine my surprise when she filled her plate with the paneer and started eating it…But ofcourse after mom forced the first piece into her mouth against her will. 😛
So I can proudly say, this is a certified paneer recipe 😉 😛
- 1 teaspoon Garlic , diced
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , diced
- 1 Onion , diced
- 2 Tomato , Chopped
- 1 Green capsicum , julienned
- 1/2 tablespoon Chilli kashmiri chili powder
- 1 tablespoon corriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 100 grams Paneer
- to taste salt
- In a small frying pan, fry the paneer cubes using 2 tbsp of oil and put them in luke warm water with a little salt to soften them .
- In a kadai(frying pan), add some oil andsauté the ginger,garlic,green chilly and onions till golden brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes andsauté till tomatoes become nice and soft.
- Add required amount of salt and add coriander and chilli powder.
- Add a little water and sauté till the oil slowly separates from the mixture.
- Add the capsicumjulienne andsauté for few minutes.
- Add the garam masala powder and add the fried paneer cubes and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Finally, if you like you can some add the coriander leaves(I didn’t use it cause I don’t like corriander leaves) and serve the dish with warm naans or rotis.