Banana…banana..banana… I love bananas…. and dishes made of banana..
Another thing I happen to love is cakes 🙂 I love to try out different varieties of cakes… So I wanted to try out an healthy variety of cake with banana..
And here it is.. My Banana wheat cake 🙂
I can confidently tell you it’s health because other than having eggs, it does not have any butter and it is made of wheat :), the sugar quantity used is also very small cause the banana will be having a sweetening effect.
- Cuisine: american
- Course: dessert
- Cooking Time: 60 mins
150 grams Whole Wheat flour
100 grams Flavorless oil
4 Ripened small Bananas
50 grams Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
a pinch Salt
- Preheat the oven at 150 degrees
- Beat the eggs.
- Mix the wheat flour and baking powder together and keep it aside.
- Add sugar salt and vanilla essence to the egg and mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the mashed banana and combine them together.
- Add oil to the egg-banana mixture and mix it well.
- Fold in the flour mixture into the egg-banana mixture.
- Add the raisins and cashew to it and mix well.
- Grease the pan with oil and dust it with flour.
- Bake for 30 mins at 160-170 degrees or till the skewer or knife comes out clean.
I used sunflower oil in this recipe, you can use any flavorless oil you like.
I used 4 banana’s cause ones I had at home was very small, just as big as your fingers only. If you have bigger one with you then use 2 or accordingly.
Please excuse the color of my cake, my oven is one sided so I cant get my cake’s top part turn brown without burning the bottom part 😦