Even the GM diet (General Motor diet) can be made interesting by thinking out of box.
Well.. I was on the 5th day of my GM diet and I was suppose to have proteins and six tomatoes on that day. After eating all fruits ad veggies for the first four days my tongue felt dead and my brain kept chanting ‘spicy..spicy..spicy’. I did not want o break my diet as it was giving me good result so far but I was so frustrated that even the thought of eating a whole green chilli found appealing at that time. So I ended up making my stuffed omelet 🙂
I was planning to follow vegetarian version of the GM diet but had to make a little deviation in that to incorporate a little egg white in this recipe, but it was a feast to my poor taste buds…
- Cuisine: indian
- Course: breakfast
- Cooking Time: 10 mins
a pinch Garam masala
to taste Salt
a pinch Pepper
1 small Ginger piece
2 cloves Garlic
- Chop onions,tomato,ginger and garlic.
- Take the egg and separate egg white from the yolk and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and add a few drops of oil. (GM diet instructs us to avoid oil as much as possible so I used a little oil just enough to saute )
- Add the chopped ginger and garlic first, once they are saute well add the onions.
- When the onions become translucent add the chopped tomato into it and cook till the tomato become mushy and soft.
- Add enough salt ,pepper and garam masala and saute.
- Now beat the egg white well with a little salt and pepper.
- Heat nonstick pan and add a few drops of olive oil into it and spread it throughly.
- Now reduce the flame and pour the egg content onto the tawa and spread it an omelet big enough to be folded into two.
- Now arrange the onion-tomato masala onto one side of the omelet. (if u have any egg content remaining sticking to the side or something just pour it over the masala)
- Gently raise the other side of the omelet and cover it over the masala and gently press the sides to stick.
- Now close the the pan with a lid and cook in low flame for a minute.
- Move the omelet to a plate and enjoy 😉