It makes a good tea time snack if you have some left over bread and potato at home 🙂 Easy to make and really tasty
- Cuisine: indian
- Course: snack
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
3 Nos Medium sized Potato
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
6 Bread slices
Ginger a small piece
cloves 4 Garlic
1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
3/4 teaspoon Jeera
to taste Salt
to taste Powdered Pepper
- First boil the potato with salt and a little turmeric powder.
- Powder the Bread slices using a grinder
- Chop the onion,Ginger, garlic and curry leaves.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle jeera in it.
- Add the chopped onion, ginger,garlic and curry leaves to it ans saute well.
- When the onions become colorless and garam masala and some salt to it. Mix till the raw smell disappears and take it out of the stove and let it cool.
- Mash the boiled potato and mix it with the bread crumbs and onion mix. Mix it well to a dough similar to that of cutlets.
- Add a pepper powder and salt to it and mix well. (Add salt only after tasting since we have added salt while boiling potatoes and sauting onions)
- Make balls out of the dough( Press the balls a little to make it flat) keep it aside.
- Make a thick batter using the cornflour, Maida and water.
- Dip the aloo bread balls into the batter and fry in the oil.
- Aloo Bread Kofta is ready. Serve hot with tomato ketchup. 🙂