I got this recipe from one of my friends, I tried it at home and was a great success…My family loved it 🙂 Even though it takes time it’s comparatively easy.
- Cuisine: kerala
- Course: side dish
- Cooking Time: 60 mins
1 kilogram Prawns
To Marinate Prawns
3/4 tablespoon Chilli powder
3/4 tablespoon Coriander powder
1.5 teaspoons Pepper powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
to taste Salt
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
For the Masala
1 number Onion (large sized)
1 inch Ginger , chopped & nbsp ;
5 – 6 cloves Garlic , chopped
1/4 cup Coconut Chopped
3 numbers Dry Chilli
to taste Curry leaves
to taste Mustard seeds
1 teaspoon Pepper powder
to taste Salt
- Remove the outer shell and the vein from the Prawns and clean it well.
- Marinate it using the powders mentioned for marinating and put it aside for 30 mins.
- Shallow fry the marinated prawns and keep it aside.
- Remove some of the oil from the pan, keep just enough oil to make the masala.
- Crackle the mustard, then add chopped coconut n fry it.
- After that add chpped ginger, garlic, dry chilli and curry leaves to the mix and saute till raw smell disappears.
- Add onion to it and saute till it starts getting crispy.
- Add one teaspoon pepper powder and salt, saute till raw smell of pepper subside.
- Add fried prawns to it and saute for a minute and remove from stove.
- Prawns pepper fry masala is ready
The quantity of the ginger,garlic and coconut entered here is just vague. Since Prawns can cause gas trouble it’s better to use more ginger and garlic.